Several weeks ago, I didn't know what love was. I had seen her, heard about her, done some internet stalking on her, but never actually met her. Then when we came face to face that glorious Saturday around 11:00 AM in a Best Buy, I knew it was love. Never did I think it was possible to fall in love like this. Now I know just how deeply I can love. Ever since that Saturday, I have only found myself more in love than the day before. Every day I wake up, open my eyes, and see her lying next to me in my bed, fully charged and ready for another great day together. I spend hours touching her before I even put my feet on the floor. What's the point of even getting out of bed anymore when you have her? Yes, she has completely eliminated the need for real women. It's true. That's how much I love my iPad.
At Starbucks, of course.
Despite the millions of people who have already felt the need to give their two cents on the iPad, I have been asked quite a bit to share my thoughts on the device, apparently due to my critical honesty. And since I am in NO way an Apple fan boy, I guess my review can be a little less biased.First let me tell you how little I cared about this device before Saturday at 11 AM when I walked into Best Buy. I had no desire to purchase one, and saw no purpose for the device. I figured there would be some cool uses at some point, but nothing that would change my world. But I was wrong. This thing is amazing. I can now say that people who just call this device a big iPod Touch have never actually used the device and probably had preconceived ideas about it, rather than giving it a chance. The truth is that the iPad is a game changer, and I really do see a lot of potential for it. What it really comes down to is the large, high resolution screen. Screen real estate on a portable device is everything, and it's really what will make this device a success.
- iMockups - A wireframing application for designers.
- HTML Edit - Not the greatest html editing app yet, but it's got potential. It has built-in FTP support and has it's own file management system, so you can edit files and upload straight back to the server. Although, without multitasking support, the usefulness of this app is limited for now.
- Weather HD - Visually shows you what the weather looks like with stock imagery. No need to open the shutters anymore.
- LogMeIn - Thanks to the screen real estate, the iPad version is much easier to use that the iPhone version.
- Touch Hockey - An incredibly realistic air hockey game. I can't tell you how realistic the game play actually is. You're going to have to try it for yourself.
- Harbor Master - Even better than the iPhone version - the large screen makes all the difference.
- Game Table - Comes with a poker table (and chips), and some other traditional games. This game completely eliminates the need for physical playing cards.
- Scrabble - Just a lot of fun. Also has multi-iPad and iPhone support for really slick integration.
Sent from my iPad